Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stella McCartney

Stella McCartney
-Creative designer for Chloe in 1997, Paris
-She’s a lifelong vegetarian who doesn’t use any leather or fur in her designs
-Her lines include ready-to-wear, accessories, lingerie, eyewear, fragrance and organic skin care.
-Produced organic skincare range ‘care’ in 2007
-Vogue Fashion and Music 2000 designer of the year award
-woman of courage award for working with cancer in 2003
-Green designer of the year at ACE 2008
-Woman of the year in Glamour magazine 2009
-Organic style woman of the year 2008
-Capsule collection utilizing organic materials
-Natural and organic products used throughout her work with denims, accessories, addidas range and lingerie collections.
-Stella is a supporter of Earth Day and also features it on her website www.stellamccartney.com to show how others can get involved with it.
-Thoughts of Stella McCartney from her website featured above: “I felt inclined to create a luxury brand shop that welcomes you”
“Everything in my store and every single garment and accessory that you see is cruelty free, in the sense that no animal has died to make anything in here”
“I really wanted to change what I saw out there”
“The natural environment around me is a huge inspiration”
“I am in the fashion business but I feel when I design I’m in the business of trying to figure out what people want and why they want it”
“I have always wanted to do lingerie. I’ve been inspired by lingerie since a very early age. I was obsessed with beautiful French slips, lace inlays and hand work”
“care is an extension of our brand but it is also a responsible product. It’s for a person who wants to take responsibility and enables someone to make a first step in that direction”

No comments:

Post a Comment